Particular area of responsibility: Economy
The e-pub is operated by the HHUS with the purpose of functioning as a meeting point for social encounters. Since the E-pub has several non-profit workers – students – someone has to be responsible for operations as well as coordinating the work. This is executed by that the president and vice president of the pub committee lead the operations of the E-pub with the help of the people responsible during nights, so called “Evening Managers”.
The evening managers have the operative responsibility under assigned opening hours. Along with following alcohol serving regulations, the evening manager is responsible for the liquor license as well and should ensure E-pub is following serving regulations.
- The evening manager with responsibility over economy has the overall responsibility to uphold and maintain the cohesion in his or her team.
- He or she has the responsibility ensure that all members of the team have knowledge about management of alcohol, serving of food, rules concerning access and other required themes.
- The evening manager should always be a good role model.
- The evening manager is presumed to always be assisted by his or her team in order to carry out the tasks.
The evening manager is responsible that the payments and economy of the E-pub stay in good shape. This is done by:
- Always make sure there is change to the cash registers.
- That tips is being accounted for and registered.
- Evening reports are concluded and reported to the Economy Committee.
- Controlling the E-pub postbox.
- Preparing invoices for payment before the handover to the Economy Committee.
- Collecting stock-takings and producing reports of eventual shrinkage.
- Being in charge of handling the cash register.
- Archival of the cash registers’ control strips in the HHUS storehouse, with the purpose of storing them there for ten years onwards.
- Also being responsible for the rules of the personnel ledger are being upheld by everyone within the operations of the E-pub.
- Being responsible for that the E-pub office is in order. Particular cleaning area: The office, changing rooms, and the staff restroom.
The evening managers is a part of the HHUS Pub Committee. The evening manager with responsibility over the economy is also a part of the Economy Committee. The natural link to the board of the association goes through the president of the Pub Committee for operational matters and through the president of the Economy Committee in economic matters. Should any ambiguity arise in a certain matter, the president of the Pub Committee shall clarify.
The evening manager with responsibility over the economy is a management position and is appointed by the HHUS board, preceded by an application and interview.